Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 76

Thread: Magic Mart to move

  1. #51
    Inactive Member 73fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 16th, 2002
    Posts
    822
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Magic Mart to move

    plus Magic Mart has layaway so if you wanna by a big item you can go that way,Wal-Mart did away with Layaway so they could get people to get there Credit Cards.
    "When Giving Your Best Is Not Good Enough"

  2. #52
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Magic Mart to move

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ironlung</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They hired dozens more people when they moved to the new store. If they only had the 4 you mentioned, that'd be a very good start to making a profit.</div></div>

    I'm not sure but I think they were still talking about K-Mart
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  3. #53
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Magic Mart to move

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drgnfly3030</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there anyone who works there besides the lady at the jewelry counter and 3 cashiers? How are they making a profit?</div></div>
    3 cashiers? I can't say I've seen three cashiers at once in months or maybe years.
    I only go on occasion when I know they have something I need, but many times there's only been the one person at customer service or the one cashier working jewelry or the one checkout lane. There's never anyone at layaway, or electronics.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  4. #54
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Magic Mart to move

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: starbuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ironlung</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They hired dozens more people when they moved to the new store. If they only had the 4 you mentioned, that'd be a very good start to making a profit.</div></div>

    I'm not sure but I think they were still talking about K-Mart </div></div>

    Ahhh. Overlook me.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  5. #55
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Magic Mart to move

    The wife worked there briefly, she said there biggest problem is that they go by labor projections week by week and base their labor on that. I remember days that she would come home and complain that she was working lay away, sporting goods electronics and hba all in one shift just because they didn't want to go over on their labor projections so the personnel manager wouldn't get her arse chewed. She finally got mad enough and quit them in the middle of a shift.

    I might add that she was supposed to be the "lead" in hba and hardly ever got to work in it. And forget about getting any service in sporting goods.

  6. #56
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Magic Mart to move

    Man Im gonna miss the old magic marts crapper. Go in get the key and have the place to yourself.
    GO VOLS

  7. #57
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Magic Mart to move

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ironlung</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice stuff from what I've seen. They sell Ashley brand furniture, that's good stuff. I want one of those recliners. </div></div>
    That was the dominant brand sold at Collinsworth's in BSG for years. Ashley isn't always solid wood, but you'll be hard pressed to find a brand that is anymore. Broyhill is the same way, just at a higher price.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  8. #58
    Inactive Member imported_SuperX's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2004
    Posts
    967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Magic Mart to move

    went up there yesterday, that place is actually nice!!

  9. #59
    The_Sage
    Guest The_Sage's Avatar

    Re: Magic Mart to move

    I went today looking for Dorito's,, and there wasn't any to be found. So I struck out on that visit.

  10. #60
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Magic Mart to move

    Yeah, right. roll They're everywhere. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •